The last decade has seen the re-emergence of the super hero cartoon character, characterized by block buster movies which have been a hit across the globe. Super hero themed movies have proved to be guaranteed money spinners, yet there appears to be a growing trend of using the super hero brand in sectors which may not be most appropriate. Recent developments have seen the use of super hero themed slot machines in online casinos. The use of children’s cartoon characters in such an environment raises certain ethical questions. But has the line been crossed?
Cryptologic owned Intercasino have promoted cartoon based slot machines for a number of years 안전놀이터
. Slot games at the site have featured characters from the Marvel comic range. One of the more recent slots to be launched on their site includes ‘The Amazing Spider-Man Jackpot Slot’.
The business motives for using comic book heroes appear fairly clear. Online slots which are branded by a super hero character are likely to be more attractive to online slots players than unbranded games. The player will easily be able to identify the branded slot game, and new games that are introduced are likely to be taken up quicker by online casino players.
Other online gaming companies have recognised the opportunities that branded games provide. In early 2008, Party Gaming, the publicly listed FTSE company, announced plans to tie in slot machines with blockbuster movies. A slot based on the movie ‘Saturday Night Fever’ has recently been launched with great success, and further slots based on the cult move ‘Top Gun’ are to be released before the year is out.
Even television appears to be getting an online casino makeover. PKR poker, the UK based 3D online poker site have recently launched PKR Deal or No Deal, the popular UK based Saturday evening family entertainment program.
Online gaming companies justify their actions on the basis of a general shift towards mainstream entertainment. However, care needs to be observed, and online gaming companies need to ensure that appropriate age verification processes are in place to ensure children are not attracted to the sites on the back of these heavily branded games. Online gaming companies insist that such controls and procedures are in place. Despite such assurances, many observers believe ethical issues still need to be addressed.
Often the only thing that a new gambler needs after getting past the basics and winning a few games are some solid tips to keep them focused. Essentially roulette is a game of chance and probability but there are a few tips to help increase your chances. Here are some of my top tips for roulette, which although might not make you a millionaire, should set you on the right track for getting a good win loss ratio:
– Know the table limits. Each roulette table will have a minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting five dollar and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my second tip. Only bet what you are comfortable with. Serious players don’t bet to show off, they bet to make a profit, whether that is $2 or $2,000. It is also a good rule to give yourself a set amount you’re willing to lose before walking away, so you don’t have to remortgage the house.
– Get warmed up and gain a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s simple and gives you that gut feeling as to whether you like or dislike the table. Of course this is just objectionable.
– Be the boss of your own chips. New players sometimes allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place whilst accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move it where you like!
– You’d be surprised how many dealers get in to a bored and repetitive way of releasing the ball and you can often find it easier to predict where it lands. Some dealers also alternate certain types of releases